1. Fun-fetti. Had an opportunity this week to cross something off my 32 Things list (wait…I thought you said, gradient, not funfetti? Well, I reserve the right to change the list at will….sorta.) in celebration of my friend Chenese’s birthday. A fun amd pretty cake for a fun and pretty lady! This year’s gonna be fab!
2. Culmination. Today is the CD release of band Pretty Broken Things’ debut album “Let it Come & Let it Pass”. Go check them out and buy the album. Here are a couple of my favorites…
3. Dinner with friends. Highlight of this last week had to be the special dinner I had with some talented artists and friends from my church. We went through the great little book “Art for God’s Sake”. I was super encouraged not only by their talent, passion, and desire to honor Jesus in their work, but also by an epiphany I had after, that our calling is not limited to our current season in life. Or even how ready we feel to step into it. What I mean by that, is that so often I thought I had to wait till I was married and owned my own home to carry out some of the things I felt called to do – in this case the desire to encourage, welcome into my home, and provide hospitality for artists and creatives. It might seem silly that I thought that, but I think it’s pretty easy for any of us to come up with reasons not to step into the gifts and opportunities God has for us. Giving up “how it’s supposed to look” forces me to depend on God providing where I lack. But he gives so abundantly. He gave me a home. He put these people in my way. He gave us this book. He gives us yummy soup, fizzy drinks, and killer ice cream. And he’s asking me…Enjoy it now. Enjoy HIM now. Not later.
4. Read this book. Seriously. Just do it. Or listen to it, like I am right now, it’s like having an british professor read to you while you are sitting at your desk or office cube. Pretty sweet.
5. Going with your gut. This is not profound and it actually happened like ten minutes ago. So, you know when it’s lunch time and you work in a place (like I happen to) where there are too many choices for where you could go eat? You ask yourself…sandwich? Thai? Greek? Noodles? Pizza? Chipotle? Pakistani? Vegetarian buffet? But you know what you want, but it will be something new, and you are not sure if you want to risk it versus going with what you know. I just followed my gut – which told me to try out the Vietnamese place hidden away that I pass every time I go for a run on my lunch break. I was curious if their bahn mi was up to snuff. And I almost didn’t go. But I took the risk and….Best. Sandwich. Ever.
What are you looking forward to this weekend? Any risks to be taken?